Dan Guthrie is an artist who often works with the moving image to explore representations and mis-representations of Black Britishness with an interest in examining how they manifest themselves in rural areas. Recent presentations of his work include Prismatic Ground, Berlinale Forum Expanded and the Independent Cinema Office and LUX’s Right of Way screening tour. He was an awardee of the 2022 Michael O’Pray Prize for new writing on the moving image and part of the programming team for the 18th edition of Berwick Film & Media Arts Festival.
- Coaley Peak (A Fragment), 2021
- black strangers, 2022
- Selected 13 screening tour, FLAMIN / videoclub, November 2023
- Spirit Messages screening tour, aemi, November 2023 - ongoing
- Two Films, Devonshire Collective, November 2023 - February 2024
- Rotting Figure, Spike Island / Chisenhale Gallery, 2025
CV / Email / Instagram